Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - How to Say NO

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



I have a wonderful tip today... how to say 'no'. I realize it's not an original idea, but I've been working on it for awhile and I think I've nearly perfected it.

Here's now it works:
  1. First, you wil need to practice at home. You never know when you'll need this skill and you need to be able to react quickly.
  2. The word 'no' consists of two sounds... N as is 'nnnnnnever again will I try to wax my own eyebrows' and O as in 'ooooooopen the door for me there are some Jehova's Witnesses on the porch.'
  3. Now, say those two sounds... 'n' and 'o'. Very good. Say them again. Doing well. Now, here comes the tricky part. Say them a little more quicky and slur them together. 'nnnooo'. VERY GOOD! You're on your way to being a No Pro.

If you practice this technique daily, you'll be better than me in no time at all. I thought I had this method down-pat, but I was wrong-o. I was close, though. I tried to say 'no' but didn't get it quite right and ended up committing myself to doing something that I had no desire whatsoever to do. But I wasn't ready to give up! I called my attacker back and used the 'no' technique on her. It worked! I was glowing with pride. My attacker must've been equally impressed because she reacted in a surprisingly posotive manner.

After that I was pumped up! I called another woman who had lured me into submission earlier in the week. I was ready to say 'no'! However, her line was busy and I lost my nerve and never called back. I apparently need a little more practice.

Try this! It works! Amaze your friends and simlify your life with my easy to master 'no' technique.

For more Works For Me Wednesday blogs, click here!

3 comments:

World's Greatest Mommy said...

Too funny! I've got the sounds down, now to practice on real people.

marigold said...

VERY good advice! It will get easier, too, to separate that which we are okay with doing and that which we are NOT.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I hope this means you have a nice, lazy week ahead of you.