Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Don't know WHERE he gets the drama from.

A few weeks ago I informed Johnny that he would be working on some math sheets and such this summer. I don't see the point in letting him forget half the hard work he did over the school year. He got all upset. Later I found this one my bed.

As you can see... in the drawing on the left there appears to be a friendly game of volleyball going on. The sun is shining, the kids are smiling. In the drawing on the right the sun is covered by dark clouds, the volleyball net is covered with what appears to be barbed wire, the kid is hollaring and pointing to a busted knee. Not sure what the other thing is but it looks like some kind of satelite falling to earth.
This is DEFINATELY a keeper. I actually get a lot of weird notes from him on my bed, but this one is by far the most entertaining.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, that is great! And I think it is really wonderful that he is illustrating his feelings and sharing them with you. One for the scrapbook, for sure!

if he's not interested in the math worksheets I bet there are other ways to reinforce his math skills . . . just don't ask me what they are . . .

Anonymous said...

I have been LOL for about 5 straight minutes. Your kids are hilarious (of course I am thinking back to the hair/electric lollipop story. LOL Back to looking at the drawing so I can chuckle some more! Thanks for sharing Val!

Stephanie said...

Sadly, all of the best artists are easily irritable, and get miserable very easily.

Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom said...

You son must be one heck of a funny guy! Wonder where he gets that from? Cute, cute, cute!

Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom said...

ahhh! Typo in my post. I meant YOUR son, not YOU son. I hate typos.