Some fun stuff I've found...
These are cracking me up. Most of this stuff I blurt out as the gift is being opened. I think it might could be nicer to have it sitting silently on the tag.
Article on how to keep my dog from chewing shoes.
- Put shoes out of reach. (My shoes are kept in a basket by the door. They are eye-level with my dog. If I move them up they will be on the diningroom table. Not acceptable.)
- Spray with a scent/taste they don't like. (Well, my dog ate a pile of puke yesterday.)
- Be consistent. (well, ok, I can work with that one).
- Distract puppy (trade a fluffy, feather-filled slipper for half-chewed bone?)
- Buy some fun toys (like new shoes?)
- Buy some chewing bones (think they come in shoe shapes?)
- Take energy-butsting walks (Ok, I can get behind this one, only it's 25 degrees out and for all I know she'll come home ready to relax with a good shoe.)
The puppy days won't last... the puppy days won't last...