Thursday, November 01, 2007

Punkins

Pumpkin carving night is always so fun. Something I never did as child so over the years I've been learning techniques at the same rate that my children are. This year I did the big no-no and used one of my uber sharp fillet knives... it cut through that pumpkin like butter. So my face turned out exactly as I had pictured it. Though next year I intend to add glasses and hair with the detail tool (which Eden was hogging at the time). Eden drew this really ornate design which of course I couldn't carve. She had all these teeth drawn out, but when I carved them her pumpkin carried too close of a resemblance to Hannibal Lecter. So I had to cut the teeth out. Lots of jokes about the nose on John's (even after he altered it). Johnny had a vision of a Pac-Man pumpkin, but his pumpkin wouldn't stand up. He did pretty good.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yeah, I was thinking that about the nose too, but I didn't want to be the one to say it. Hahaha...