Saturday, September 29, 2007

Introducing Lady London

Today one of my (nearly) life-long dreams came true. I have my very own Scottish Terrier and I'm over the moon. I grew up with an adorable Scottie and when I was about 13 I decided that whenever I was an adult and had my own house I would have a black Scottie of my own. Off and on over the last couple years I've thought more and more about it. Even contacted the breeder last winter and backed out at the last minute because I knew it wasn't the right time. Something just didn't feel right. Long story short, my 30th birthday is fast approaching (no comments) and John decided this would be the perfect gift for me. We contacted the breeder several weeks ago and she actually had 3 black female puppies for me to choose from (last winter there was a waiting list). We drove 3 hours to the western side of the state and picked her up today.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


London was the name Eden came up with (from Zack and Cody). I had some other ideas picked out, but after we met her none of them seemed to match her. This name is perfect. She is sweet, sweet, sweet. Really cuddly and let me hold her in the van for a good 1/2 hour (peed all over me) and didn't cry the rest of the way home.

I fully believe in kennel-training, so we'll see how tonight goes. So far Maggie seems to keep her from whining. Maggie started whining and the puppy calmed right down. Must be some kind of doggie language going on there. Almost like Maggie calling out, "Solidarity, sister!". Tinkerbell is NOT impressed with yet another dog on her turf. She'll still have the house to herself at night though, so I'm not worried.

I'm in looooooooooooooooove. (and have already warned John that I will be putting a plaid sweater on this dolly).

7 comments:

Sinead said...

awww...so cute! What a pretty dream! :)

Anonymous said...

hee hee, she is cute! hey don't you have (I mean your kids) have a Webkinz terrier?

London, bhwahahahahaha, I have watched The Suite Life a few times . . . but it's always the same episode . .

Enjoy your bday gift. 30, huh, that's nothing!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!

Val said...

Yah, Eden has the white terrier (Webkinz). It's name is Buterfly (ie. Butterfly, but Webkinz won't let you use the work 'butt', ha!)If they ever come up with a Scottie I will, of course, buy one for myself, but they prolly won't since they already have a terrier.

They sink.

Ange said...

Ah, she's so darling! I've never really had a dog but my brother got one when he was 11 and I was 15. I was upset about it (because I am really NOT a dog person... lol!) and he let me name the dog. I named him Tybalt (it's from Romeo and Juliet). Anyway, Tybalt looked a lot like London does. He was tiny when we got him and he would fit in the palm of your hand. Anyway, he was a mutt, but some kind of terrier mix. And black too! :) He passed away a few years ago, but he was like the only dog my family ever had and he was a good dog. I came around to like him and accept him better in time. But, I'm still not much of a dog person! :) lol!

Congrats and I hope your family has many great years with London!

busyizzie said...

I'm such a sucker for black dogs. I have two black/black & tan cocker spaniels. LOL I don't think a londoner would be too happy to have a scott with the name London! hahaha

She's a cutie, congrats on the new addition to your family!

Anonymous said...

Hi Val. Long time no hear from. Me that is! Your puppy is adorable. My dream is to have a Boston Terrier. DH says we can't have another when Buckwheat goes because we do too much traveling and Buckwheat doesn't travel well. Can't take him to Europe either. So have to wait until I am 70 I guess. That isn't too far off. Haha. Miss you girl. E-mail me once in a while.