Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Making Progress...

Going into week 2 of my weight loss journey (ha! I say that as if this is a totally new venture, but really I've started this 'journey' about a half dozen times over the last few years.) I am very encouraged. Usually I'm losing steam about now. But I'm finding this to be easy, if it's ok to say that. Down 7 1/2 pounds, not hungry, learning a lot and moving a lot. I'm choosing to document this process with simple pages.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



I can not say enough good things about this book.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Instead of just counting calories, I'm putting some of what I'm learning from this book into action and I'm seeing results. I'm not hungry all the time, I'm not thinking about food all the time, and I'm not missing food. I'm eating mostly whole grains and lots of fresh food and doing plenty of basic strength training. It's working great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on your loss so far, Val! I love those layouts!

I'm right with you on this--I need to get that book. I'm at the point where I've reached the limit of the post-baby/breastfeeding weight loss, I'm afraid, so I either need to get to work now or face facts that I'll start gaining again. 38 pounds down is too far to go to start gaining again, right? Guess I need to step up my game.

love ya, chickie!