Friday, August 11, 2006

The Summer of Rummikub

That's what I'll always remember this summer as.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Once I taught this boy the rules of the game, and he picked up on the strategy, it's all he wants to do. We play EVERY day. He just get's better and better at it. It was one of my favorite games as a child, because I felt so grown-up playing with mom dad and becky. Of course, looking back, I realize I had no idea what I was doing. And, as with all games, I knew it was my turn when I realized everyone was staring at me, waiting. Oh, giggle giggle, I'd take my turn. I'd lose every time.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I think I pretty much beat John everytime we play. I suck at numbers and hate math, but I loooooooooooooove organizing things, so this game is perfect for me. I make the LONGEST plays and John just looks me like, "How did you figure that one out?" I don't go easy on Johnny either. I win every time, but the number of tiles he has left at the end of the game is steadily decreasing.

I am passing on the torch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never played that game, but it looks like fun. I'm going to have to check it out for my family.