Monday, May 22, 2006

Goooooooo Rachael!

I was so happy to hear that my girl Rachael Ray was named as one of the Top 100 People Who Shape Our World (Time Magazine). Now, of course, Imust first bash this list, that covers everyone from Condoleezza Rice to Will Smith, because who are we to say who 'shapes our world'? I'll tell you who shapes it another day... when my kids who I've raised are in charge of everything that we've so carefully organized. See, that's the realistic side of me.

The light-hearted girl in me knows why Rachael would be on such a list. Because our country is CONSUMED with fast-food-eating, nutrionally void people (yeah, I'm pretty much one of them)... and she has been teaching us that 'fast food' doesn't have to come out of a greasy wrapper. That you can cook and enjoy the process and make it a healthy action. YES!

I'm surprised that several of my friends declare that they 'hate to cook'. I'm not judging them, I'm just saying that I don't understand it. Food is what SUSTAINS us as a species. It is the escense of life. I'm rarely happier than when I am creating... wether it's a new page in my scrapbook or a digital creation on my laptop or a fresh batch of yeasty bread in my kitchen.

Man, it's awesome.

I think Becky will appreciate this thread. We are certainly the 'chefs' in the family. Rock on, sister!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Rachel!!! Yes, she does rock! Love her and her EVOO and "eyeball" measuring. ;)

Cooking is good for the soul for sure...

Bec

Madeline said...

I am happy to see there are other proud Rachael Ray fans out there!