Sunday, April 02, 2006

The weekend blur...

You know what I'm talking about? The kind of weekend where Friday afternoon and Sunday evening have merged into one long, mostly-happy, mostly-busy event? Not complaining, not a bit.

Saw lots of movies this weekend. Have I mentioned how much I love movies? John and I took the kids on a 'date'... dinner at Champs and Ice Age 2 at our favoritest mall. The movie was FUNNY (really didn't like the 1st one, was kinda dreading this one). Take your kids and laugh and have a good time. Queen Latifah as a mammoth. Great stuff I tell ya. Came home and watched Just Like Heaven all by myself till midnight-thirty. Girl movie. Can't go wrong when the kids and husband are asleep and you're curled up with your favorite quilt and kitty and watching a chick flick (and happen to be a chick, guess I should add that). Next day flipped on Prime, which was not exactly what I expected, but again... chick flick. Then settled on the couch with John, a bottle of wine and the most INCREDIBLE peanut butter cookies ever to watch North Country, which was depressing and wonderful.

UPDATE ON OUR BANGLADESH FUND-RAISER: Everyone turned in their 'Seed Money' this morning. Are you sitting down? $18,000! That's a total of $33,000 raised by our church... every penny going to Bangladesh. Man, it was an explosion this morning... cool. Thank you to EVERYONE who purchased one of my digital kits. I sold 25 all together and I was so excited to be a part of this. I'll talk more about that later.

Worked on a couple layouts for my Emotions Anonymous workshop today:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4 comments:

Lynds said...

Oh I really wanna see Just Like Heaven, I think we should live closer, I LOVE movies, DH and I are always watching them (we had a movie weekend here too) and he just isnt the biggest chick flick fan, and most are too mature for my 4 year old.

Darla said...

Hey Val.....just wanted to let you know that you have been "TAGGED" see my blog about it: http://d2vasquez.blogspot.com/ - thank Rachel and Marsha for this! hehe

Anonymous said...

Oh I really like your emotions annon. layout! I need to start remembering that you host it! I think it's always a good outlet for me to do layouts on myself as I love to bottle things up and let them eat and eat and eat at me until I am raw and just bitter from whatever it as that started all of it. KWIM.
I love Just Like Heaven! But then again I love Reese Witherspoon!

wyowoman said...

i enjoyed seeing your journal pages. very very cool. I came "over" looking for info about your tiny seed project after seeing it on Kim Giarrussos blog and finding the kit at TDC. So I thought that sounded cool, and bought it. Guess it was too late though? Nice tally!